Adventure, Nature And Beach
- Day 1: Arrival at Tocumen International Airport Welcome by our staff and transfer to hotel and accommodation with breakfast included
- Day 2: City Tour and Panama Canal Breakfast, city Tour and Panama Canal. We start with a visit to the Miraflores Locks where you will appreciate the amazing sight of the handling of ships crossing the Panama Canal, from and to the Pacific Ocean. Then, sightseeing of the former Albrook Fortress, now a beautiful residential and commercial area. After that, Balboa and Causeway currently the most developed area, a tourist attraction and the location of the administrative building. Sightseeing of the old city, the San Felipe neighborhood and walk in to the Independence Square, the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Hotel Central, Panama Canal Museum, the Bolivar Square, "San Francis of Assis" Church, the National Theater, also walk to the Arcs Boulevard and the France Square where you can appreciate a panoramic view of the city and the Panama Canal gate. Then you will continue to Bella Vista commercial area located in the banks sector of the city and Punta Paitilla, a developing area. Return to the hotel
- Day 3: Gatun Lake Adventure Breakfast, departure to Gatun rainforest is a large artificial lake. It forms a major part of the Panama Canal, carrying ships for 33 km of their transit across the Panama Isthmus. The lake was created between 1907 and 1913 by the building of the Gatun dam across the Chagres River. At the time of its creation, Gatun Lake was the largest man-made lake in the world, and the dam was the largest dam on earth. From the boat, we will watch the vessels as they cross the Canal. Then, we will observe and enjoy the rainforest that surrounds the lake. We will interact with some animals like monkeys, sloths, toucans, crocodiles and many other species. Then, we arrive to the floating platform where a typical lunch will be served. Following lunch you will be able to perform an activity of your choice like fishing local species (tarpon, snook, etc) swimming or kayaking. This tour is a combination of Ecotourism and an opportunity to look at the Canal from a boat, and observe its expansion. Return to the hotel.
- Day 4: Chagres River and Embera Community Breakfast. Departure and transfer to the Chagres National Park to visit the Emberá Community, the most important aboriginal community in the area. Our transportation takes us to the port of El Corotu on the shores of Lake Alajuela. Here, the indigenous Embera will be waiting for us to transport us in their narrow canoes called piragua; a typical boat of the early inhabitants of the Panamanian jungle. In our way, we will enjoy sightings of local birds, mammals, and a spectacular waterfall only reachable after a short walk across the jungle. After having a refreshing swim, we will continue with our journey to the Embera indigenous community. Upon arrival, they will welcome us in their traditional way and share their dances, music, crafts and history. Then, they will serve us a delicious lunch of fish and fried plantains. Here we will have the opportunity to buy crafts directly from the local artists and rest before returning to Panama City. Return to the hotel. Evening free for optional activities Optional activities: Combination of the Embera community tour and a kayak tour through the river Chagres Combination of the Embera community tour and a river tubing tour through the Chagres river
- Day 5: Boquete and coffee farm Very early in the morning (05:30 am), pick up at the lobby hotel and departure to Albrook local airport to take our flight to David, Chiriquí. Upon arrival to David, a local transport provider will be waiting to take us to Boquete, another 30 minutes ride. Boquete is a small town located in the western highlands of Panama in the province of Chiriqui. The town is surrounded by mountains and has a beautiful river that crosses town. Boquete is well known for its breathtaking views, the coffee grown, the beautiful gardens and the recreational / ecotourism activities. Check-in at Hotel. Departure for a local coffee farm to start a coffee tour, tasting included. Return to the hotel. Free leisure afternoon and evening to relax and enjoy of the spectacular flora and fauna of Boquete
- Day 6: Boquete Day adventure Departure for an optional day adventure of your choice. The options are a bird- watching tour, hiking tour to visit different waterfalls, horseback riding tour, white- water rafting, a visit to the hot springs and more. Return to the hotel. Evening free for optional activities
- Day 7: Transfer to Bocas Del Toro island Guests can decide whether they want to be transferred to Bocas Del Toro early in the morning or afternoon. Upon arrival to Almirante port, we will board a boat that will take us to Bocas or Bocas Del Toro, the main village of the archipelago, located on Columbus Island. Upon arrival, check-in at Hotel. Evening free for optional activities
- Day 8: Bocas Del Toro: Bird Island, Bocas Del Drago and Starfish Island Breakfast. At 9:30am we board a boat that will take us towards Bird Island. This is a nesting bird sanctuary. You are not allowed direct access to the island as the vast majority of the birds nest in holes located on cliffs and some others such as the gannets, nest everywhere including the soil of the island. If the sea is calm, snorkelling can be done but we cannot reach the beach. Nonetheless, we will get as close as possible to observe the birds and the vegetation of the island. Some of the bird species that can be seen are the gulls, pelicans, gannets, frigates and a tropical bird of orange beak, white plumage and long tail, which is called suirirí Piquirrojoo güíchichi (Dendrocygnaautummalis). This bird nests only in three places in the world. Bocas del Toro, being the only one in the Caribbean. Following this stop, we will continue to Bocas del Drago, located at one end of Columbus island. Boca del Drago is surrounded by nature, beautiful beaches and coral reefs. This is home to a small Ngobe-Bugle indigenous community. According to history, this is the first place where Christopher Columbus stopped in Panama. Here we will have the opportunity to walk through the almost untouchable beach (virgin), swim, snorkel and enjoy of the crystal clear waters. Also, we will have lunch in a restaurant in front of the beach. At one end of this island, we will visit Starfish Beach. As its name describes it, this beach is home to many sea stars (Oreastereticulatus). We will spend about two hours on this beach before returning to Bocas del Toro. Tour includes snorkelling equipment Lunch is not included. Evening free for optional activities.
- Day 9: Return to Panama City Breakfast. Free Leisure day at Bocas Del Toro. Guests can decide whether they want to take the 07:40 am or the 16:30 pm flight, back to Panama City. Both flights are 1hour and 15 minutes long. Upon Arrival to Panama City, transfer from Albrook Airport to Hotel. Evening free for optional activities
- Day 10: Departure Depart for TOCUMEN International Airport to take flight to origin country
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest offers